Sunday, November 12, 2006

Stick to it!



Can you see him? Hiding on the side of the weeds -- the green feller with long antennas? Just another of God's creatures here that you see everywhere this time of year! I picked these weeds and made a bouquet with them and there he was, singing away, and it took me awhile to find out where the music was coming from. He didn't mind posing for the photo!

Monty and I were blessed to be able to attend church both this morning and this evening. This morning was at The Refuge, where we live. Pastor Rick had quite an appropriate message that really hit home for me. He is going to be teaching on "being connected" for the next few weeks but the area that really touched me was when he talked about the 4 things we need to realize in our connection with God. The first one was knowing our calling!

I KNOW my calling! It is as clear as the moon on a starlit night. There is no doubt in my mind. As I have said before, I grew up in the church but also knew I had never really been "called by God" into anything, or atleast didn't recognize it if I was. When He called me into this relief ministry I KNEW it was Him! No ifs, ands or buts, it was a direct calling from God! And I am so blessed to have been called into this relief effort and to be able to be here, working along side of my husband, day in and day out, 24/7, working for the Lord. There is nothing like walking in your calling, nothing!

Pastor Rick talked to us about sticking to your calling, no matter what! God calls us to fulfill His purpose in our lives and we are to stick to it, like "a pit bull on a pork chop". Or if you choose, like "a bulldog on a mailman". Know why the bull dog has his nose turned up so high? It's so that he can still breathe while he is clinging to the mailman with his teeth, refusing to let go, holding on for his purpose! It's our calling in life that keeps us going! I realize that on a daily basis. Some days it's the only thing that keeps me going. The politics, the distractions, the anything and everything that can pull my attention away from my calling, happen many times each day. It takes focusing on the calling itself, nothing else, that keeps me going forward. I know I was called to come here and help the people rebuild their lives through rebuilding their homes! Sounds simple? It really is, IF I can stay focused on that and that alone! If you want to pray for specifics - then pray that I can keep my focus! THAT will keep me going, and THAT will keep both Monty and I going!

Thank you! May God bless all of you and help you to stay focused on what He has called you to do in life!

Until tomorrow .... Susan and Monty

No comments: