Sunday, November 19, 2006

"Home" comes to us!!!!

Romans 8:28 tells us, "All things work together for good to those who are called according to His purpose."

We were privilaged to be invited to Pastor Palma's church this morning. They were dedicating their new kitchen, a dream they never thought would come true. We used to go there on Wednesday nights and have not been in quite a long time. This morning we knew why we loved going there so much. I told Pastor Palma that I felt like I could have been the only one he was preaching to this morning -- it was the Lord speaking directly to me through Pastor Palma!

God has instilled in all of us the standard of greatness! This greatness comes through humility, when we humble ourselves God will lift us up. The way to humble ourselves is to serve others.

All failure is due to lack of focus! He challenged us to focus on the TRUE purpose of our lives. I know the true purpose to which God has called me! It's as plain to me as the smile on my face! God called me to serve Him by serving others in their worst times of need! Katrina provided that for me! When we know our purpose and are following it, we will be renewed with a sense of destiny and greatness. This greatness is not to be confused with pride, they are opposites.

I know who I am, where I am from and where I am going! I have been sent by God Himself, our creator and redeemer, to this place, to do what we are doing, to glorify His name through this service!

This relief mission, my purpose in life, it not about color, not about denomination, not about being male or female, it's about the glory of God, nothing more! What more could a person want anyway?

This evening we are so very blessed to have not only friends from our home town, these are FAMILY from our home church, Vineyard! There are 7 of them, or there will be when they all arrive. Rob, Keith and Kevin arrived early evening. Bob and Jolene not until around 8pm and we are still waiting on Steve and Raetta who should arrive around 10pm. This is such a wonderful blessing for Monty and I, to have family here over Thanksgiving. I myself have never been away from my family over this holiday so having a team from our church is even more special. They will all be working in Rosemary's house all week, there are a multitude of things needing done. Rob is our experienced carpenter, he does this for a living! He will be leading the team! Having them here is also such an emotional thing for us, the support and love from home pours from each of them. Bob and Jolene will be heading to Florida to spend the holiday and Steve and Raetta up to Alabama to his family. Make sure you stay tuned and don't miss a thing as this week promises to be great! God will be working through all of us, miracles will be happening and it will be an awesome week!

We all have so much to be thankful for this year! Start counting your blessings now because if you are anything like me you have a list that will never end!

Thank you Pastor Dave for sending this incredible team! We miss all those who aren't here but we know everyone is here in their hearts!

Until tomorrow .... Susan and Monty

No comments: