Monday, August 31, 2009

Where we find "home"

It's been a busy past few days, busy reconnecting with family, busy making visits with special friends and just busy doing nothing!

But last night - after being here in Indiana for over a week and a half - I was home!

I went with my parents to their church yesterday morning. My niece had spent the weekend here at my parents and we all headed off to church.

During the afternoon I spent some time with Odessa, whom I refer to as my second mother.

And then came the special church service at 6pm. I saw it on their message board outside the church and read about it in the paper.

Columbus First Assembly, the church who welcomed us last summer, who made their back parking lot our home, combined with two other local churches for a special celebration service. One of the other churches was also flooded in the flood of 2008 and the other opened their doors for First Assembly to have services in their facility while First was repairing their own from the flood.

It was amazing to see three churches, all different denominations, all inside one building, all praising and worshiping the same God! Isn't that what it's all about? Isn't that what God wants? I am certain there are many Biblical references to "one body."

It was so awesome to see so many friends who became family from that summer. The hugs, the smiles and the warm hearts all made me feel like I was back home. The only problem---Monty couldn't be there to share in it all. Yes, they all asked that I give him hugs and tell him this and tell him that -- but -- it's just not the same for him. I thank them all, especially Pastor A for his kind words and loving heart as last night I knew I was home!

Until next time . . . Monty -- I miss you and love you and hope to be back before long.
Susan and Monty

No comments: