Thursday, August 20, 2009

We wait

The flight was nice and smooth. I landed back in Indiana before noon yesterday.

My mom, sister in law and I headed to the nursing home to see my grandmother.

I thought I was prepared, I thought I had imagined right . . . not so!

We spent all day there and all day again today. We watch as she stops breathing for up to 15 seconds a couple of times a minute, we turn her from side to side in hopes of making her more comfortable. She talks, we can't understand, her thoughts and words seem to come from throughout her whole life.

They have started her on morphine to help make her more comfortable. I don't know if it's working. They also give her anti-anxiety to hopefully help with the arm movements and restlessness.

Today we realized that food is now a thing of the past, too much congestion from the heart failure, too much coughing and just not helping.

My mom and I pass the time talking of all sorts of things. We visit with some of the other residents as they come by checking to see how Grandma is doing. We also help out the nurses with a few requests from the others. Time seems to pass so slowly.

My entire family sits on edge, not making any plans, praying for a peaceful entry into heaven.

We all know God has perfect timing, we stand on His promises and know He is the Almighty!

Monty continues to care for everything back in Texas, we talk numerous times throughout the day. He misses me and I miss him. But . . . we both understand and trust!

Day by day, hour by hour -- please join us in prayer!

Until next time . . . blessings! Susan and Monty

1 comment:

Unknown said...

May God continue to give you His perfect peace. May he clothe you in His compassion. May you see His hands at work in all this.

-Your Brother in Him
T.G. Ocala, fl