Thursday, August 27, 2009

Family Reunion

The funeral was a celebration of her life. Their wasn't an empty seat in the memorial and I know she would have been happy to know how many showed up to express their sympathy and love.

As I said before, it's one thing to do a funeral and another to do the funeral for your own grandmother. God gave me the words I needed -- and took away the ones I didn't.

After the service and the trip to the cemetary our family came back to enjoy the variety of foods brought from my parents' church. So much food and we actually managed to put quite a dent in it. Thanks so much to First United Methodist of Columbus -- you were such an enormous blessing to all of us.

It is great to have my brother from Florida here with the rest of us. Two of my brothers live right here in Columbus and it's a rare occasion when we are all together.

For the next couple of days we are just visiting and resting and catching up on each others lives. The laughter rings from the rooftop as we remember this and that . . . I am so blessed to have such an amazing family.

Meanwhile Monty remains in Texas keeping up with getting power to Mariano's and any other thing that pops up. He is also working on some mechanical truck issues and doing the best he can to keep himself and both dogs fed and watered! :) If only he knew just how much I miss him!

Once again I would like to thank all of you for your prayers and kind words of support. It's at times like this that I once again know how much God has blessed us with extended family all over the United States!

Until next time . . . be blessed and appreciate your own families! Susan and Monty

No comments: