Friday, September 30, 2011

I found a way . . .

For those of you who know me quite well you know that "slowing down" or "taking it easy" just don't come natural for me.

My mind is always racing, this needs done, they need called, she needs this, he needs that, and on and on and on.  I'm not complaining, just sayin'. 

I keep paper and pen on my night stand so I can write things down when they come to me in the night. 

I can really listen to two conversations at the same time and catch them both.

I can actually carry on two conversations at one time and keep them straight!

So today . . . I found a way to have it all go away!  Clear my mind and get lost . . . comfortable and yet focused, enjoyment and release . . . all together.

How?  you ask ---- shooting my gun!  Shocked?  So was I.  Pleasantly so.

Monty and I took the afternoon and went to the range so we could practice what we learned a couple of weeks ago.  We learned the basics and without practice we would need to relearn them.

When I got behind that gun, started rehearsing all the steps we were taught, focused on my breathing, closed my eyes and reopened them to aim -- the world went away!  All of it!  It just went away and I felt relaxed and rested and all frustrations vanished.  Hours had gone by in what seemed like minutes.

I've always had trouble with the scripture, "be still and know that I am God."

I know God, quite well in fact. 

Today I found out MY way to "be still."

Until next time . . . aren't we glad we continue to learn something new every day, no matter what our age!  I sure am!                                                 Susan and Monty

No comments: