Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Sharing with middle schoolers!

I did it last year and Dee Dee invited me to come back and do it again this year! 

It was great!

For the entire day, class after class, most of the time with two classes joined together, I got to share the idea and concept and realities of disaster relief to 7th and 8th graders on their last full day of school.

And surprisingly they were interested and interactive.

Some of the 8th graders remembered me from last year and I even recognized some of them.  They were still interested and even though I can't remember what I said at each class -- they thanked me in the end and were a great audience.

Even some of the teachers sat in at different times and I hope they also enjoyed and learned a bit more about the subject.

We gave each student a list of supplies to bring in tomorrow morning so we'll see how it goes.  They did a great job last year and my hope is that my truck gets filled up.

Many thanks to Dee Dee for inviting me, for introducing me time after time, for making sure I had lunch and for just caring enough to have a real heart for helping others!

Until next time . . . have a great summer Brown County Middle School.         Susan and Monty

No comments: