Monday, March 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Yes, today is my mom's birthday and I actually managed to have a really nice lunch with her!  We met in the middle (Nashville) and had a couple of great sandwiches and enjoyed the above 80 degree temps!

Yesterday Monty and I spent the afternoon and evening pulling out a couple of big old shrubs that our neighbor lady wanted removed.  Quite the job but must admit her house does look better.  She has more she wants out but only so many hours in the day.

Today another neighbor stopped by to see if I would powerwash his house before the end of this week.  Sure -- lets hope the weather holds out for the end of the week because that's the only time I can squeeze it in.

Most of this day has been spent on the phone checking here and there about our disaster relief supply warehouse.  Details and questions and plans . . . never ending.

It was suggested that I call our Lieutenant Governor Becky Skillman as she has a heart for such things.  I was able to talk with her direct assistant and pleasantly surprised at how interested she was and the questions she asked.  We all know it's about who you know and every one of us has a different sphere of influence so the more we can spread the word the better.

I also talked with the gentleman who has assured me we will be able to use the warehouse space he is thinking about.  He asked me to write a bit of our history and needs for this warehouse.  I tried to be as brief as possible but we do have a history and I do have the gift of talk so . . .

More phone calls continue to come in from folks who are interested in volunteering in the warehouse and from those who are still collecting supplies.  And there are those wanting to head south and volunteer and I was able to get them all connected into where they can be of great help.

1 comment:

Treasures from a shoebox said...

Aw...Happy birthday to Grandma Dee!