Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Gotta love Plan B

Know how to tell if a vision is annointed?

Just look for satan and his nasty tactics to rear their ugly heads!

Know how to tell if you are following God and His plan?

Same satan, even more of his nastiness!

Yep, I've been doing some battling!  Major battling!

First of all -- you know how long I've been waiting on the Amish to let me know when they are coming to get Don's house rebuilt -- a very long time!!!!  Each week I think "this is going to be the week."  The weather has been perfect and yet no Amish.  My phone calls don't produce any results and so Don sits in his house, waiting and wondering if he will ever have a real home again.

So . . . plan B.  Yesterday I called Pastor Randy to see if the same team that worked magic on Billy's house would be interested in taking on Don's.  Pastor Randy said he had just heard from the guys and they were asking if I had another project for them.  I am praying (really hard) that they will be able to come asap and get this project started.  I know God has all the details and timing and trusting in that can be tough at times.  Please continue to pray for Don and this whole situation.

Second of all -- you have read about God calling us to open this disaster relief warehouse.  And yes, my brain is still like the grand finale of the fireworks.  Since the first day of sending out an email looking for a facility to take on the warehouse I thought the place was everything but nailed down.  Seemed as though all I was waiting to do was sign on the dotted line.  But things aren't always as they seem . . . another partner in the building told me today that he just didn't see our warehouse fitting with their plans for the building!  A bit tough to hear but . . . God has a plan that looks like plan B to me but He's always on plan A so . . . I wait and continue to make contacts to get the word out and pray that someone steps forth with a facility they are more than happy to donate and that we can start letting the public know and the flood gates can open up.

Today I went to our church and another local one that had been collecting supplies.  Two truck loads of supplies.  Instead of taking them to our warehouse I brought them to our house.  We have (had) 2 spare bedrooms and now . . . they are each a mini warehouse! 

Want to know another of satan's tactics?  Last night I got a phone call offering me a full time job at a chiropractor's office where I worked years ago. I loved working there and they wanted me to start today!  I have no doubt the pay would have been good as they paid well back then.  And it was working with patients - something I enjoyed doing.  It was quite the big "fork in the road."  Decision time . . . do I forget about all this disaster stuff and get a "real job" (a term I've heard quite often) and thus put an end to always trying to make ends meet (even though they never do) or . . . do I stay on the path God has placed me on - even when I can't see all that far ahead of me?  One thing I do know is that when that phone call came in I've never experienced the physical and mental pressure like I did then!  It was almost crushing and I couldn't even get my breath!  My brain even hurt!  I had to walk outside immediately just to get some air.  When I went outside and looked up at the stars it came to me as clear as those stars --- temptations come in all forms!  I immediately called them back, thanked them for the opportunity and politely declined telling them that I must follow where God leads me!  I don't really know if they understood and imagine they thought I might need the men in the white coats to come and get me (I have been accused of not fitting in this world) but as soon as I ended that call a sense of peace came rushing over me like a huge tidal wave!  Too bad satan -- God wins!

What I am learning?  That God gave me the project of rebuilding Don's house and He will send just the right people to do so.  On that promise I stand firm.

And what else?  That He has given me this vision of the warehouse.  I know what it can be, what it should be and what it will be.  Another promise I am standing on. 

And one more thing . . . the path God leads me on won't be wide and I won't be able to see very far ahead of me --- but that's not important.  What is important is that I just keep following Him and He will go in front of me, behind me, on each side of me --- and since I have read the Book --- I know we win!!!!!

This morning shortly after Monty left for work he sent me a scripture verse to look up.
Malachi 3:10.  My verse for today ---- and every day after today!  "Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.  'Test me in this,' says the Lord Almighty, 'and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it."

Is that perfect or what?  People ask me if I ever hear God speaking to me?  Yep -- He sure did today!  I just have to listen -- because I never know just who He is going to speak through!

So please join me in prayers, prayers for God to do His perfect work in His perfect timing and for me to have the strength to continue standing firm!  I thank you for each prayer!

Until next time . . . have your heard God's voice lately!                             Susan and Monty

No comments: