Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow to Zero -- God's Timing

Even if I were to post a picture it would be pure white! It snowed and it snowed and it snowed some more today! I lost count of how many inches after I measured 6 in our yard. I don't know who gave a count to the weatherman but they need a new tape measure! I got enough exercise to last for a week! After getting us cleared off (atleast 4 times) I cleared off the driveways and walkways of 3 of our neighbors. Remember -- we live in what is mainly a retirement community and since I love to be in the snow and it's not healthy for them . . .

Anyway, the snow caused our first Spanish class to be cancelled! The Parks and Rec department is offering beginning Spanish and we both have wanted and needed to know this language for a very long time. But now we'll have to wait until next Thursday to get started!

No school today and in some areas still no school tomorrow. The temps are to drop to zero tonight and the high tomorrow only in the low teens! Brrrr!

But God . . . tomorrow I will be riding to Indy to help pick up the 6 Ecuadorian Pastors and their wives and bringing them to the area. Thank the Lord that wasn't scheduled for today! Not only did the snow cause problems but the road we would take to the airport was closed due to a large accident! So . . . in all the snow and freezing temps and closings . . . God has it all under control and all we need do is trust in Him and leave all those details to Him!!!

I'm very excited about tomorrow and will let you know how it all goes!

The nations are coming to us!!!!! The mission field is right here!!!!!! All we need to do is step out our door!!!! Thank you Lord!!! We're ready!!!!

Until next time . . . be blessed. Susan and Monty

No comments: