Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Preparing


This was taken when Rhonda and Jordan came over for Christmas dinner and he's thrilled with his new toys!
The past couple of days have been very busy ones. With less than 2 weeks until we start our missions training school there's alot of follow up and preparations to get done. I have called all the Pastors we visited before the holidays to remind them the time is nearing and to see if they have any questions or anyone who has signed up. That takes some time as I wait for voice mails to be returned. I do have another local church requesting information so tomorrow I can drop off a packet to them. Phone calls back and forth to Alabama at the main headquarters have been helpful and we are counting down the days! Please keep us in your prayers.
Today was my day to take my grandson to preschool and then stay with my granddaughter through the afternoon. She can't understand why I didn't put a truck radio on my Christmas letter since mine in my truck doesn't work! She's convinced I need to get a "pink one."!!!!! I love those grandkids so much!
My mother called today to say one of my closest high school friends lost her mother. It will be a good opportunity for me to go to the funeral home and see her. I hate to admit but it's been atleast 25 years -- she's lived in southern Tennessee for I can't remember how long! Her mother was 87 years old -- but she's still her mother!!!
I also received a phone call from one of our past volunteers this afternoon. We had a nice long talk and they were concerned about the homeowner whose home they had worked in back in the fall of 2009. It was great to talk with them and in doing so they asked for some extra special prayers. They have a 15 year old who is into drugs and having an extremely tough time. Rehab hasn't seemed to help much so please keep this entire family in your prayers. I can't imagine how difficult that would be! Thank you Lord for sparing me and my children from walking that dangerous path!
Until next time . . . let's all count our blessings! Susan and Monty

No comments: