Wednesday, August 01, 2012

The trimmings

As I walked around the corner this morning this was the site I saw!  Looks like Bitty is trying to figure out how to fix Monty's truck!?  I hope she knows as he is a bit exasperated to say the least!  Had a fuel leak for awhile and just when he thought it was fixed . . .

This morning I headed off to purchase some interior trim for Don's.  No, we aren't there yet but I am anxious and this helped with that anxiety.  I got all the trim to put up around the ceiling, the trim for the doors and the trim for the new windows.


I managed to get myself set up in our back yard, underneath the big shade tree.  I could straddle between the tail gate of my truck and our picnic table.  And then I used my sideboards as drying racks.  It worked quite well.
Being a trim carpenter, I learned a long time ago that one of the easier ways to trim around doors and windows is to use these decorative blocks at the corners.  It avoids the mitre cuts and also makes the trim stand out even more.  The 2 big blocks are for the trim around the front door and the rest for the new windows.

I got them all stained and polyurethaned and ready to be installed when the time comes. 

Quite beautiful --- if I do say so myself.

I did have 3 little "helpers" as you can see below!
They are on our back deck.  Samson kept his back to me and I think it's because he was a bit hot! 

So now all we need is the roof to be completed and we can start working on Don's bedroom.  I pray that the Hartsville team will be returning soon.

In the meantime . . . we do what we can when we can and trust in God's perfect timing!

Until next time . . . blessings to all.                                  Susan and Monty

No comments: