Sunday, June 18, 2006

Hello North Carolina

They made it! They said they would be completely self sufficient and never have I seen anything quite like this! They came in late this evening with 5 vehicles not including the enormous motor home rig and trailer that has refrigerators, freezers and a complete kitchen set up under a tent! They will be cooking every evening meal and there are 27 of them!!!!

This will be quite a week of blessings in every direction!

They are also doing a vacation Bible school for 3 evenings! Make sure you don't miss any of this weeks blogspots as it is bound to be awesome!!

And our team from Alabama doesn't arrive until tomorrow!!!!

These teams will be divided into 4 groups, working on 4 different homes and blessing who knows how many families before the week is over! For those of you who have been reading and know the jobs, they will be working on Dane's, Barbara's, Julia's and Delores's homes.

They are about to burst with excitement -- and questions! We will see how the excitement holds up in the 95 plus degree heat! :)

I realize this blog is short but it is late and there is so much work still to be done. Our day is already over its 16 hours and still going. It's just amazing how God pours energy into jobs that He calls us to do! I will be the one who has difficulty sleeping tonight, my mind will be running tomorrow's work over and over and then over again. I am just so blessed to be here, doing what God has me doing, following His voice and knowing with Him in control all things are possible!

Until tomorrow....keep this team in your prayers and be sure and stay tuned for a week bursting with blessings....Susan and Monty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My husband, Todd Harvey, is with the NC group and I just wanted to tell him that I love him and miss him. Could you pass that along?

I hope all goes well with this trip. You have a great bunch of guys and girls there!!!