Saturday, July 27, 2013

An Example (to calm your fears)

First of all -- many thanks to those of you who have expressed concern that there might be something wrong with Monty!

Even though he is still battling outbreaks of hives (for no apparent reason) he is fine.

Him having a problem of some kind is not why I bought the book "The Power of a Praying Wife".

The further I get into it makes me wish I had gotten into it 15 years ago when we got married!  There are so many things and areas that never occurred to me (since I'm not a man) and each day I am enlightened in a new way.

So . . . thought I would give you an example.

As I said, I made the commitment to pray for 30 days, 1 day for each chapter.

Today was entitled "His Mind" and the following is the prayer of the day. You can substitute your own husband's name in where possible.

"Lord, I pray for protection on my husband's mind.  Shield him from the lies of the enemy.  Help him to clearly discern between Your voice and any other, and show him how to take every thought captive as You have instructed us to do.
May he thirst for Your Word and hunger for Your truth so that he can recognize wrong thinking.  Give him strength to resist lying thoughts.  Remind him that he has the mind of Christ.
Where the enemy's lies have already invaded his thoughts -- I push them back by inviting the power of the Holy Spirit to cleanse his mind.  Lord, you have given me authority "over all the power of the enemy."  By that authority given to me in Jesus Christ, I command all lying spirits away from his mind.  I proclaim that God has given him a sound mind.  He will not entertain confusion, but live in clarity.  He will not be tormented with impure, evil, negative or sinful thoughts, but be transformed by the renewing of his mind, that he may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Enable him to "be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might."  Help him to be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let his requests be made known to You; and may Your peace, which surpasses all understanding, guard his heart and mind through Christ Jesus.
And finally, whatever things are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, of good report, having virtue, or anything praiseworthy, let him think on these things.   Amen"

Within the chapter these sentences jumped out at me.

"All men have an enemy who wants to undermine what God desires to do in their lives.  Women have the same enemy but men seem to be more vulnerable to his attacks in certain areas."
"Men don't always see the traps of an enemy who wants him to believe that what he faces is insurmountable."
"By speaking God's Word, you (I) can reveal wrong thinking and it will lose its power.  If your husband won't do it for himself, you can speak the Word of God over him, either in his presence or alone in prayer and see positive results."
"Ephesians 6:11 = stand against the wiles of the devil on his behalf."
"I'm (yep - me) not going to stand by and watch deadly games being played with his mind and our lives."

So . . . I will continue in my commitment of praying over him for the full 30 days and then I plan to start all over again!

And - like I said - if you've read the book --- read it again.
If you haven't read it - try it ---- you have absolutely NOTHING to lose!
Until next time . . . Lord, thank you for Monty!                                       Susan





1 comment:

Treasures from a shoebox said...

Wise woman! I love the fact that God gave you to Monty for a help meet. You truly are a God's gift to him. Love you girl!