Saturday, September 05, 2009

One More Day

Yes, after over 2 weeks I am down to my final day here in Indiana. Doesn't seem possible!

Today was a special day for me, I got to see my son and daughter in law who live a little over an hour from us. My parents and I went to see them and were treated to a fantastic dinner. It hurts my heart to not be able to see them more often! Love you Ryan and Dedra!

Tomorrow I will be returning to Bloomington to our home church to say yet another goodbye. I imagine some will not be there with it being a holiday weekend. Saying goodbye just doesn't get any easier, no matter how many times we do so.

From there I will visit with my daughter, son in law and grandchildren. That will also require another goodbye for now -- an even tougher job. Each one had grown so much over the past year and who knows when we will see them again.

I will then travel back to my parents and get a very! short night of sleep before hopping a plane in the wee hours of Monday morning to head south to my husband that I have missed so much.

Monty does report that the rebuilding of Paul and Linda's house and the siding and roofing at Walter's house are both coming along fantastic. He took some pictures and I hope to get them to you as soon as I return. When it's all complete Paul and Linda will have a brand new kitchen and bath along with a roof, soffit and siding. This is all being done with them living in their home so I know quite a few "challenges" are happening but Monty says they are all doing well.

As Monty keeps me up to date with all the happenings there and I am in the middle of all the happenings here it can feel like being torn in two. Part of me wants to be there and part here. I just haven't mastered the art of being in two places at once! It's been an awesome trip, many highs along with a low -- but God has reigned supreme and I am so thankful for the ability to have been here and once again seen His Almighty hand at work all around me.

Until next time . . . be blessed. Susan and Monty
PS An update on Monty's step brother -- he is out of the hospital and healing well at home. Thanks for the prayers -- once again they were just what he needed!

No comments: