Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Special Place in Hell

Yesterday we were all put on alert -- there were 2 vans at one of the local elementary schools with men inside trying to seduce the children into their vehicles by offering them candy!  All bus drivers going to that school were asked to watch more carefully and make certain the children were safe as they were dropped off at home.

Seems these vans had been roaming through the governmental housing areas, drug dealers from up north.  The police were aware of them and watching -- more police than I've seen in a really long time!

All of the children knew not to get into the vans but I couldn't help thinking the "what if". 

I did use the opportunity to do some educating of my own kids, high school, middle school and elementary.

The high schoolers were very upset, which opened the door to talk about evil and how it DOES exist in this world and in our town and in our schools right here.  I told them I thought there was an especially hot place in hell for men such as these!

When I asked the elementary ones, "if someone you did not know came to your school and asked you to get into their vehicle by giving you candy, how many of you would get in?"  Not a single one raised their hands (I asked for a show of hands).  When I asked for a show of hands as to how many would NOT get into the vehicle -- they all raised their hands!

It made me stop and think even more -- I have so many small children who do not speak English!  Just yesterday I had 2 new students, one who just arrived from China and the other one from Africa!  They are learning English as their second language but . . .
It makes for difficult communication on the bus, let alone them being approached by a stranger!

So . . . let's all cover ALL children everywhere with prayers!  We used to only hear of things like this happening in very large cities.  It's here -- in our hometowns -- in our streets and trying to make it's way into our schools!!!!!!

In the Name of Jesus ---- satan ---- you are forbidden from harming our little ones and you are to go back to hell where you belong!

Until next time . . . we have a 4 day weekend coming up . . . blessings to all.                      Susan

No comments: