Monday, August 26, 2013

Day 30

On July 20 I made the commitment to pray over Monty for the next 30 days.  This plan came from the book "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Ormartian.

This book is one of the most powerful and thought provoking books I've ever read!  I wish I would have found it years ago - but that wasn't God's timing.

Each day, for the past 30 days, I have read the chapter and prayed the prayer over Monty.  Most times it was way early in the morning as I was ready to leave for my bus route (before 6am).  I would read the chapter and then actually stand in our bedroom doorway, raise my hand and pray aloud over him as he was still sleeping.  (my dogs finally got used to it!)

I admit that in the beginning I didn't see or feel much change.  Life was still it's more than usual bumpy ride.  But I have also learned to trust that God is working, even when I don't feel like it.  My emotions aren't my guide.

Last week I began to not only see and hear changes, but I felt them.  To my knowledge Monty has never even picked up the book to see what chapter I'm on.  And even when God prompted me to type and print each prayer - he never took a look at the prayer for that day.

But God . . . I love how He works His masterful plan -- without us!

Life is better.  Life is improving.  Life has taken some turns that I wasn't sure would ever happen.  Life is in the hands of God and He is a much better driver than me!

Monty quit smoking many years ago.  He went through the local classes using the patches and gum and was successful.  Although he never went back to smoking cigarettes, he did take up the snuff packets and has been battling with them for years.

Last week he made the decision (completely unknown to me) to stop.  He (on his own) went shopping and purchased the patches and has been following the program as it's supposed to be followed ---- and today is day 6 --- and we are both still alive, and speaking and actually had a great weekend!!!!!  Even he expressed his surprise as to how well he felt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I thought I would close with the last day's prayer ---- for his future!

"Lord, I pray that You would give (fill in your own name here) a vision for his future.  Help him to understand that Your plans for him are for good and not evil - to give him a future and a hope.
Fill him with the knowledge of Your will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that he may have a walk worthy of You, fully pleasing You, being fruitful in ever good work and increasing in the knowledge of You.
May he live with leading from the Holy Spirit and not walk in doubt and fear of what may happen.
Help him to mature and grow in You daily, submitting to You all his dreams and desires, knowing that "the things which are impossible with men are possible with God."
Give him God-ordained goals and show him how to conduct himself in a way that always invests in his future.
I pray that he will be active in service for You all the days of his life.
Keep him from losing his sense of purpose and fill him with hope for his future as an "anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast."
Give him "his heart's desire" and "the heritage of those who fear Your name."
Plant him firmly in Your house and keep him fresh and flourishing and bearing fruit in to old age.
And when it comes time for him to leave this earth and go to be with You, may he have such a strong vision for his eternal future that is makes his transition smooth, painless and accompanied by peace and joy.  Until that day, I pray he will find the vision for his future in You.  Amen"

Come to think of it --- wouldn't ALL of us like for SOMEONE to pray that prayer over us????

Until next time . . . God is oh so good!  Take time to see His goodness today!                      Susan

No comments: