Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day

We celebrated Mother's Day yesterday and what fun it was.

I was blessed to have one of the greatest mothers in the world!  God was good to me.  I know there were many times when I wasn't the best or easiest daughter to raise -- but she persevered and I am so thankful she did!  Happy Mother's Day Mom!

My parents came over here yesterday and we went to my grandson's (their great grandson) baseball game.  He will be 8 years old this coming Saturday so these games are always a guaranteed good time with priceless memories.  This one was just that.

Along with my parents and daughter and son in law my son drove down from his home north of Indy so we had a great family day.

The game was . . . nearly beyond words.  Luke made a play at 3rd base that left us all in tears of laughter.  He was playing 3rd when the ball was hit to him.  He not only managed to get his mitt on the ground and scoop up the ball, he made the force out play at the base!  The look of both amazement and excitement on his face was nothing like I've seen before!  His dad had to nearly pry the ball from his little hands and at the end of the game he was awarded the game ball for the play!

He also got a great hit and with the help of the other boys he was able to score at home -- by sliding in head first!!!!

After the game we were all able to enjoy dinner together and my daughter gave me a beautiful blue hygeranga plant that I can't wait to plant outside.

It was a good day, a great day, one of those days that carries life long memories!  One of those days God specially picks for us -- showing us the true joy of relationships -- the way He designed it!

Happy Mother's Day to all of you!               Until next time . . .               Susan and Monty

1 comment:

Treasures from a shoebox said...

Sounds like a great day for all! Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day Susan!