Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Titleless

Tuesday -- and another Bible study missed.  This time I was attending a conference about serving on the board of directors for not for profit organizations.  It lasted all morning long and was worth every minute.  Since both Monty and I are the directors for IGO Disaster Relief and me being the director for Community Organizations Active in Disaster (COAD) for our home town the knowledge was appropriate and priceless.  Many thanks to the local Volunteer Network for hosting this class.

I have been working many hours in preparation for our next COAD meeting this Thursday.  There is so much I want and need to cover and had hoped to hold a board meeting before but schedules just didn't allow it so we will be covering alot of ground.  We are applying for a piece of a local grant coming and need to put together the proper information and paperwork by the end of Friday - this Friday.  We also will be featured in our local area under what's called a "Wish List" and those needs also need to be identified. 

The main theme of the meeting is a question and answer period discussing our disaster plan.  It's quite a few pages long and each member received a copy to read and study and bring their questions.  I don't - by any means - profess to have all the answers but . . . we need to make certain we are all on the same page when the next disaster happens.

Thursday and Friday of this week our HeavenNevaeh team of men will return to work on Don's house.  They will start on replacing the damaged subflooring in his hallway and then installing the flooring to match the rest of the house.  Don has not moved back home yet due to trying to get the natural gas turned back on.  In a disaster it is shut off and getting it reconnected can have one jumping through many hoops!  He's getting help from his local township trustee and will hopefully have it resolved and back home very soon.

We will also be making a trip back to Billy's house to take a look at his retaining wall that still needs rebuilt.  Finding any volunteers to work on that has been more difficult that finding the needle in a haystack deal.  More than a bit frustrating for both of us.  God will provide just who we need, I just wish I could set His watch to match mine!   :)

And --- I haven't mentioned this to any of you yet --- but I interviewed for the position of school bus driver and got the job.  With our donations really suffering I need to bring in some income and take some of the weight of the world from Monty's shoulders.  We've been home for 2 years now and by the looks of things we will be home throughout the upcoming winter.  So . . . Todd, a dear friend of ours mentioned the need to me and with his connections as already driving and having good friends there -- all I had to do was fill out the online application and the job was mine.  I have already taken my drug test and completed my physical today.  Now comes the studying as I must obtain a CDL - B license with riders of air brakes, passenger and school bus driving.  The book itself is intimidating but with God's help I will get through it and pass all 4 tests, get my learner's permit, take the hands on training from the school system, get my actual license and then get my bus route.  Pray for me -- big time!

I close this with some really sad news.  Our dear friend, Cheryl, had a miscarriage a few days ago and our hearts go out to her and her entire family.  In times like this there are no words, no answers -- just the arms of Jesus to hold her up! 

Until next time . . . God is good ---- all the time, even when we can't see it.     Susan and Monty

No comments: