Friday, October 05, 2012

Flooring and cleaning !!!

No pictures this evening but maybe tomorrow.

Yesterday the men from Heaven Nevaeh returned and concentrated on installing the laminate flooring.  They made great progress and had the most beautiful weather day to do so.

Today Sheila returned to continue cleaning the bathroom and I have no doubt that it is the cleanest it's been since before the tornado!  Don will be so thrilled.  She admitted she is a perfectionist and after seeing her work -- no doubt!  Just what you need in a cleaning person!  An angel for sure -- and she is coming back tomorrow!  And bringing help!

I worked yesterday with the crown molding and got it all done.  I also got more base trim and got it stained and some painted to put in the dining room.  Again, the weather was perfect and almost immediate drying time.

This morning I had a blast attending my granddaughter's preschool for Grandparent's Day!  It was so fun watching them sing songs and work on poems and absorb knowledge like dry sponges!  Priceless.

From there I headed back to Don's and did more trimming.  After I got as far as I could I decided to tackle the flooring myself.  I admit I have not physically installed it but have seen it done a thousand times and had such fun learning and getting it done.  The men got it started, which is the hard part, and all I needed to do was follow their lead.  Hopefully I can finish it tomorrow.

Near the end of the day Mark came to my rescue in the mudding of the master bedroom area!  He is an expert at this and can make it go so smoothly and so perfect and so quickly that I was happy to step out of there and give it all to him! 

We also had the students from the newspaper, The Indiana Daily Student, return this afternoon.  They did a great article in the beginning of our rebuild and spent hours with us that day.  They called yesterday to see if they could do another article and once again spent the entire afternoon with us.  They were amazed at the progress and stayed to watch the flooring being installed and the cleaning being done.  The photographer and her mother were still there visiting with Mark when I left at nearly 5pm.  And they want to come back tomorrow morning!

I made it home just in time to get our grandkids and take them to dinner with us.  Always a hoot and such a blessing to us both.  They each ordered pancakes -- as usual.  They came back here and played for a long time before their parents came to pick them up.  It gives their parents some time for themselves and we have such fun.

Tomorrow is Saturday and I will be at Don's all day.  In my own little world -- with the Christian music playing -- God and I having some fun.

Until next time . . . blessings to all.                               Susan and Monty

No comments: