Monday, August 22, 2011

"Lucky" 13












































13 years ago I married the man of my dreams!


There's a song with the words "when God made you He must've been thinking about me" and that's exactly how I feel!


It does seem impossible that it's been 13 years as it feels like a life time -- in a good way!


What we have been through in these past 13 years most couples don't go through in a life time but each step has been God-guided and each step has brought us closer together and closer to Him.


Happy Anniversary Monty! You are the love of my life and I thank God for your faith, your strength, your steadiness, your support, your belief in me, your compassion and your love!


May God bless us with "umpteen" more years together!


Until next time . . . "and two shall become one." Susan and Monty























































He doesn't even like horseback riding!







13 years ago today I married the man of my dreams!







What took God so long?







I first met Monty while I was managing a local employment agency that specialized in construction labor. One of the few things I did know about him was that he was quite a few years younger than me and surely he had a girl friend.







He was a seasonal worker so when December of 1997 came around I knew he would be off work for the winter and thus picking up his last check in early January. The thought of not being able to see him for the winter months hurt my heart. But --- for those of you who know me --- you won't believe this --- but I was speechless when he entered the room and just couldn't bring myself to say anything to him.




1 comment:

Treasures from a shoebox said...

You two are so perfect together! In a day when commitment means little, when marriage has been reduced from a covenant to a contract, when it seems multiple outside forces are out to destroy every husband/wife relationship, it is such a blessing to see a strong, committed love-bond between a couple. "Two shall become one"...indeed! Love to you both! (And congratulations on 13 precious years together).