Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Updates

What a difference a day makes! In more ways than one!

I made the trip home in record time, not by speeding but by learning that using the cruise control really does work and it does end up saving time. The traffic was smooth, only a bit of backup around Birmingham. Thanks for all the prayers as those are what got me through.

Back "at the camp" Monty was having his own issues with being left alone with 2 dogs and a truck that is less than dependable! After traveling to the office and taking care of some work things he stopped for an errand. When he returned to his truck he had ZERO brakes, both lines blown because of being rusted through! He spent the next couple of hours underneath trying to get the lines off but no luck. He ended up calling a tow truck and having it hauled to a local dealership. This left him with a broken truck and no back up transportation! God had His hand in the whole episode as one of the local church members happen to see him stranded, told the Pastor and he came with the church van! Now Monty has wheels to get to and fro while the truck is being repaired. Now comes the topic of the repairs --- we are praying for another hand of God in this one!!! We thought the price of diesel was high??!!

On with the day -- my mother is doing great and I will be seeing my grandmother tomorrow. I also was able to attend the funeral home to give my condolances to my former boss of 5 years. His mother passed away and it was such a blessing to me to be able to see he and his family again!

I also was able to see 2 of my children this evening, along with my grandson! He will be 3 in a few days and is quickly loosing the "babyness" and looking like a toddler! Where does the time go?

As I traveled yesterday I had alot of time to think about how God always has things under control in all circumstances! Never ceases to amaze me!

Think about all the "happen-stances" in your life and see if God didn't have things always under control?!

Until next time . . . Susan and Monty

No comments: