Monday, May 12, 2008

Thanks for the toilets!!!!

Did you smile when you read the title? So did we when the phone rang this morning and our "Lowes Angel" called to say she had 20 brand new toilets to donate to us! Sometimes when they change styles or vendors they rid their shelves of the "old." She has called us before with odds and ends and we have always been able to take those odds and ends and bless others who look at them as gold. These toilets will be the same! It's amazing the things we take for granted and how ones perception of value changes under certain circumstances!

We send our deepest thanks to Kim for always thinking of us, always taking that minute to call and for always having things ready to be picked up and used as blessings!

Monty and I got part of them unloaded in our storage facility and will get the rest asap.

We hope all of you had a wonderful Mother's Day. Ours was quiet and spent in church most of the day. We went to our regular one in the morning and our other regular one in the afternoon. What better way to spend the day!

I want to let you know that I will be off and on with the blog over the next few days. I will be traveling home to be with my mother and grandmother, both of which have some health issues going on. I also will be attending the funeral of my ex-boss's mother who passed away last evening. And it will allow me to see my own daughter before the delivery of her 2nd baby next month. Monty will be staying here, carrying on as usual. I am so blessed to have a husband who realizes that I need to be with my mother and encourages me to do so. I will be driving so I appreciate your prayers to "pray me home" and back again late in the weekend.

I am sure you have seen and heard about former President and Mrs Jimmy Carter being on the coast this week. I think Good Morning America is covering some of the activity. They are right here in Pascagoula today and I hope to drive the few blocks later today and try and catch a glimpse of them working on homes. We are so thankful for their life long participation with Habitat for Humanity and for helping bring the awareness level to everyone north of the coast. It is our prayer that people will see the truth of how far things still have to reach the "done" category. I heard someone saying yesterday that we are about 5 years from everything being rebuilt! And the new hurricane season begins in a couple of weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your prayers and as I said, I will do the best I can to keep you updated with things going on. Pray for Monty as he stays here -- in the 10 years we have been married we've only spent 1 night apart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also please pray for all of those suffering from the earthquake in China, the cyclone overseas and all those who continue to be devastated by the never ending tornados throughout our country!

Until next time . . . Susan and Monty

No comments: