Monday, November 19, 2012

Holiday week

The past few days have furiously flown by.  I think I saw one of them flying through the sky this morning?!  You feeling the same way?

Not a coincidence that one of my morning devotional verses for today was "Be still and know that I am God."  It's the "be still" part that is toughest for me.

I'm not sure where the weekend went but one thing I do know is that Monty managed to get the ball joints on BOTH of my truck wheels replaced!  What a bear!  And what an expense!!  Thankfully we have Tony, a dear friend who has taken care of us for years and his prices don't hurt quite as much!  Now I am once again ready to roll.  Monty was exhausted but glad it's all done.

I also have been busy trying to get our spare bedroom to look like a spare bedroom and not a tool trailer!  Timothy and his new wife (from Florida) are coming for the holiday and I so wanted the room to look nice for them.  I actually thought I was on my way to success last evening --- and then the bed broke!  I had gotten the free headboard and table from my dear mother and father in law and had primed and painted them both and was so happy the way they turned out.  But then the crash came and so . . . today required purchasing a box foundation.  Another "ouch" but thank goodness for Big Lots and their slightly lower prices!  The room now looks like a bedroom that someone might actually like staying in. 

We are soooo excited that Timothy and Jamie are coming to spend the holiday with us.  We haven't seen him in the 2 years we've been home.  If you remember, he flew to Texas just to help us make the 3 day trip home and then spent another 2 plus weeks with us just getting us settled in.  Friends like that don't come along very often!  They will be going with us to my parents' for Thanksgiving dinner and will no doubt come away stuffed like a turkey from all the great food.  Even more for us to be thankful for! 

And . . . my brother who also lives in Florida will be here for the holiday -- keep adding to the list of blessings!

And yet another ---- my daughter came through her surgery fine and is recooperating.  Thanks to all of you who lifted her up with prayers!

So, if you are human --- you know you also have quite the list of things to be thankful for this season.  It's always much easier to complain than to be thankful and I always find it weird that we only set aside one day a year to remember (or try to) our blessings.  Yes, we all have trials and troubles and sad days and bad days and things to gripe and complain about, hurts that run deep and scars that are still visible --- but the number one thing I am thankful for is a  God that not only forgives but completely forgets!!!!!!!  And that God is my eternal Father!!!!!  Amen and Amen!

Wishing all of you a very thankful Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

Until next time . . . as the song says;
"with a grateful heart
with a song of praise
with an outstretched arm
I will bless Your Name --- Thank You Lord!"

Susan and Monty

1 comment:

Treasures from a shoebox said...

We are truly grateful for friends like you! Love to you both and happy Thanksgiving! :)