Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Different Kind of Disaster

If you've watched the news at all you have seen the story of the missing Indiana University student, Lauren Spierer. She has been missing for 10 days now. Not a trace! No word! Nothing! Her family has been here since day 1 and I don't know if I could have the strength they do!

Ever since she went missing there has been a station set up in front of the apartment complex where she lives. It's where people go to help search -- for anything! They have scaled down the times from 3 times a day to 2 and today was the first chance I had to go and join in.

I went a little before 11 this morning to find the Indianapolis television stations lined up for stories and to do what they can to keep the awareness level as high as possible. People started coming and signing up to walk -- wherever the leaders said to walk -- and to look for whatever the leaders said to look for.

We had a 4 block square to search in. There were 7 people in our party and we were told to look for the truck that they have a photo of. It seems there was a truck in that area -- circling the area a couple of times within a few minutes and they think it's a "truck of interest" right now. Since she went missing around 4:00 am there wasn't alot of traffic and for this truck to go around that block twice in less than 10 minutes brings it to interest.

We all walked the areas, looking everywhere, behind fences, in parking lots, in driveways and everywhere we could. We found nothing!

While we were walking we got to know each other a bit better. When we arrived back at the leaders station I was asked if I could join another search team. This one has the police and firefighters and military leading the searches. They are looking for people with experience and when they heard what we do full time . . . they were excited to have me join in with them. So very early tomorrow morning I will dress in long pants, long sleeved shirt, boots and gloves and be ready to go wherever they say to go with whomever they say to go with.

This is another of those opportunities where EVERYONE can do something! As a community we need to take a stand and let society know this kind of action WILL NOT BE TOLERATED in this community! So many of us out there today have daughters and it just hits too close to our own households! Both of my daughters graduated from IU and I cannot imagine this kind of pain! I pray I never have to!

So I will be going and searching and going and searching until . . .

I beg of you --- please keep this family in your prayers! Supernatural prayers!

If you're interested you can look this up on facebook and find plenty of information and even find flyers you can print and put in your vehicle windows or anywhere and everywhere!

Like I said --- everyone can do something -- and in doing so we WILL find her!

Until next time . . . blessings to all. Susan and Monty

No comments: