Friday, December 31, 2010

The ticking clock . . .

With just hours until the ball drops, the fireworks go off, the pots and pans are banged with wooden spoons, the champagne flows and lips meet in a kiss --- however you celebrate the end of this year and the beginning of the new year --- so many things go through my mind.

Has God been pleased with me this year?

Have I been obedient to what He has called me to do?

Have I loved others as myself?

Have I given all I can give?

Have I loved with everything I am?

Have I forgiven everything and everyone that needs my forgiveness?

Have I asked for forgiveness when I needed to?

The answer to each of my questions is a resounding "NO" . . . but God! He understands, He listens, He knows and He loves --- me! You!

Ending each year brings both sadness and joy to my heart. Yes, I am sad that 2010 is ending as I think it was a great year. Yes, I am anxious to see what 2011 has in store. But in the middle of it all, all the confused feelings and thoughts, one thing matters, only one thing! I know God loves me and has been with me throughout every year ending and thus He will be with me throughout each new year beginning! That promise is what counts! That promise is the foundation of my life -- no matter what year we are ending or beginning on the calendar! I hope it's the same for you.

Be safe this evening, in whatever you are doing.

We thank all of you for your support over this past year and we pray you will be blessed beyond measure for your love, your prayers and your support!

Until 2011 . . . Susan and Monty

No comments: