Friday, December 10, 2010

Planning . . . and waiting. . .



My snowman!!! He's a bit smaller and shorter as the temps actually got above freezing yesterday and today but he is hanging in there. He might get a chance to "grow" if we get the additional snow forecasted for tomorrow and Sunday!!!

I've been pretty busy the past couple of days. Since I decided to not do any more baking as I'll just sit and eat everything I make, and there's only the two of us, I have switched to sewing. I found a really cute pattern for a Princess blanket for my 2 year old granddaughter and a Cars one for my grandson. I couldn't resist and have been busy making each one into a quilt. They turned out pretty good and I'm anxious for them to open them at Christmas. Most of all I am thankful we will be here for Christmas!

Next week we also have another Pastoral visit scheduled. This one is with the missions Pastor at one of the largest churches here in our hometown. We are excited to be able to share our vision of our upcoming missions training school. This church is very active in missions and hopefully there are folks who will be able to get signed up for the classes. January 18th will be here before we know it!

Speaking of our school, I would ask for prayers for the director of IGO missions school as today he underwent back surgery. It sounded pretty extensive and we thank you ahead of time for the prayers for healing and God's covering.

We also heard from our UMCOR friends in Texas today. They are busy closing down the relief effort and finding it to be quite a job! Their last day will be the 31st of this month and what an amazing job they have done over the past 27 months! So many families helped and so many now in homes where they are safe, sanitary and secure -- and super blessed!

One last thought --- I am amazed at how God has been speaking to me through nature the past few days! Yesterday and this morning I was watching all the birds at our feeders. There were blue jays, redbirds, turtle doves, downy woodpeckers, flickers, red headed woodpeckers, the large pileated woodpeckers, chickadees, crows and sparrows ---- all eating at the same feeders, all making room for each other, all enjoying the seed both in the feeders and on the ground. In the Bible God promises to care for us and uses the example of His caring for the birds -- if only all of us could gather round the table together, all the nationalities, all the cultures, all the races, all the denominations . . . each making room for each other and all enjoying the love of Jesus!!! That thought made me smile . . . I think it was a glimpse of heaven! How about a little heaven on earth??

Until next time . . . Lord, thanks for the object lesson! Susan and Monty

No comments: