Monday, July 12, 2010

She's my youngest?

Tomorrow she turns 28 -- the age I was when she was born -- and she's my youngest! My how time flies -- but -- Happy Birthday Lindsay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of time -- these past days have been a bit difficult for me -- age isn't helping either.

If you are avid readers of our blog you remember a few months ago when I took a rather nasty fall from our camper trailer -- when preparing to walk my dogs they took a hard right out of the trailer door without telling me and I managed to fall down all the steps -- sideways -- turning a complete flip. And now . . . time has not helped me heal -- nor have my construction "habits." I saw the xrays of my neck and upper back this morning and it isn't pretty but it's not anything that weeks and weeks of chiropractic adjustments won't take care of. I guess that explains the excruciating headaches, feeling off balance, having blurred vision and some rather nasty pain. Thank the Lord for a wonderful chiropractor just around the corner! As they say, "time heals all" and thankfully we are home for some "time."

Yesterday was a treat for us as our neighbor, Shelley, went to church with us. We felt bad for not asking her sooner but it was all in God's timing. Hopefully she will be off work and able to go with us more often.

We are still keeping in touch with our friend, Jeremy, who is undergoing treatments for his brain cancer. Next time they are down here from Indianapolis we can hopefully get together and meet his wife and 2 children.

Wednesday we will be heading back to the Elkhart area to pick up our camper trailer. If you remember we had to have the entire roof replaced due to some storm damage while we were in Texas. It's been up there for nearly a month and we are excited to see the finished product. The thought of no more leaks is a good thought!

Each day of being home to get caught up on things around the house, see friends and family and squeeze in some rest is such a blessing! We thank those of you who continue to help us financially. In these tough times with our economy we realize it might not be easy to continue helping us but without you . . . I don't want to think about that! Thank you so very much!

Until next time . . . be blessed and be a blessing. Susan and Monty

No comments: