Wednesday, June 09, 2010

You want me to do WHAT?




First of all -- I can't believe that the last blog entry was number 1,000!!!! Sure surprised me!
Anyway --- what a whirlwind the past days have been!
We have unloaded and unloaded and tried to find room for everything but . . . impossible! Having to unload every single thing in the trailer was unbelievable but it was successful. Monday took us to my parents house for dinner and to meet up with one of the case managers I had there. Eric wrote a book about the Columbus floods and it was so good to see him and a few others that worked on the long term recovery team. It was soooo good to see my parents --we both have missed them so very much!
Yesterday was our trip to Elkhart to take our trailer for its roof replacement. The trip seemed excruciatingly long -- just too many hours of driving over the last week! We did make it there by very late afternoon and were back here quite late at night. They assured us they would take care of the roof and give the entire thing a "good going over" so we are very thankful for that. The heat has taken its toll on the caulking and some other things. They should have it done in about 2 or 3 weeks and that's fine with us since we don't need it until the end of July for the RV Rally in Louisville, Kentucky.
The above photos are priceless! Servanthood at its finest! Timothy was trying to make his feet smell better and Monty knew the remedy using tea. He soaked forever and Monty got a kick out of washing his feet for him! These two are amazing and have made life such a joy through all this transition!
Today they headed off to get some repairs done on trucks while I continued working in my landscaping and yard. When you're gone for over 3 years things get a bit grown up and are a real mess --- but --- a day at a time and I'll get it all back in shape. I so enjoy working in the yard so it's a form of therapy for me!
Tomorrow . . . who knows! What I do know is that God is blessing us with Timothy for the remainder of this week and hopefully all of next -- even with today being his 3rd wedding anniversary!!!! Thanks for sharing him with us Lindsay!!!!
Until next time . . . blessings to all. Susan and Monty

No comments: