Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Fathers Day

Of course, I am the one who forgot my camera!!!! Go figure?

Anyway, we had a fantastic Fathers Day, one that ended all too soon! Pastor Dave had a wonderful message about the importance of fathers -- something we all needed to hear whether we are fathers or mothers!

From there we were off to my parents for what turned out to be a family reunion! My brother and a daughter and her two boys from Florida were there, his other daughter and her daughter from Missouri were also there along with the rest of the clan that lives right there. It was awesome to see them -- first time to see the baby from Missouri and who knows how long it had been since I saw her mother! My son and daughter in law along with my daughter, son in law and two grandchildren were also there. My youngest daughter spent the day under the weather and was missed greatly by all.

As always with my family, the laughter was most likely heard in the next county! The stories went on all day long and into the night. The best had to do with my brother in Florida and his pink house and his guy who mows his lawn!!!!!!!!!!! Priceless and left us all in tears with sore stomachs from all the laughter!

By the time we arrived back home it was nearly midnight --- and I felt both happy and sad inside. Happy that we were all together and sad that it was only for a day! One of the things we miss so much while we are out in the field is family. Yes, we meed so many amazing people who welcome us into their homes and lives and they do become family to us. But . . . there's nothing like being in the midst of blood relatives, feeling the warmth and love and sharing in the stories and in their lives and seeing us all "sort of" grow up!

I will admit that having one brother and myself referred to as grandparents takes some getting used to! :) Even though we are all getting older it makes no difference. As we all sat around the table sharing our meal and lives and seeing the smiles on our parents faces --- I think -- I know it was a great blessing to both our parents and all the rest of us.

It was the best kind of Fathers day a family could have!

Ross, Sarah and Peyton, Katy and Logan and Dylan and the rest of the "crew" -- it sure was good to see all of you and it feels so good to be home!!!!!!!!!! I love you all and only wish we could get together alot !!!!!!!!!! more often!

God bless each and every one of you as you head back home! I know how much of a blessing it was for me to see all of you and I am so very thankful to have such an amazing family! Thanks Mom and Daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all turned out pretty good didn't we!!!!!!!!!!??????????

Until next time . . . how about calling one of your family members that you don't see very often!
Susan and Monty

No comments: