Sunday, October 21, 2007

Colors of Home























Ever since I was a little girl I have loved this time of year here at home. As you can tell by the photos I still do.
I always thought that if someone said they did not believe there was a God they had never spent a fall in Indiana.
Today they were even more special. Today is Sunday and today God was busy painting the scenery just for me. Okay, I shared it with anyone else who chose to step outside or look through their windows. But I think He did it just for me. Monty and I, along with our two dogs (of course) decided to take a stroll through our Indiana University campus this afternoon. The colors are just starting to change. With the severe drought here this past summer some thought there might not be any color. As always, God shows up no matter what we humans think.
If you click on any photo it will enlarge and you will get to see the indescribable beauty! When I was a little girl I used to picture (in my mind) God sitting up in heaven and dripping paint colors from there down to here. I knew it had to be Him because I didn't have those colors, not even in my box of 64 Crayolas! And it had every color known to man. There being the difference, the colors God places on the trees are colors that we cannot duplicate. I may be all grown up now (physically anyway) but I still get that same picture in my mind and it still brings the same smile to my face and the same warm and loved feeling in my heart!
Now I know why God brought us back north for this time of year! He knew just how badly I needed to see these colors, to smile and to feel that warmth and love.
Praise be to God for always knowing just what I need!
Until next time . . . Susan and Monty (with Bitty and Samson)





No comments: