Sunday, March 17, 2013

My "to do" didn't

At the beginning of this week off of bus driving I had quite the list of things I wanted to accomplish.  And to be honest, I figured I would get to mark each one off as I am usually pretty good at getting done what I want to get done.  And with the entire week off, not getting up at 4:30am each day and not needing to be in bed by 9:00pm sure left me alot more hours to get them done.

Well, I know there's scriptures all over the Bible that tells us about "God's timing" and not ours.

This was one of those weeks.

By Tuesday evening the kind of sore throat thing that had been trying to rear it's ugly head and I thought I had whipped --- reared up with a bit more vigor and by Wednesday morning it was a full blown cold, body ache thing.

So . . . my "to do" list is still on the desk area in the kitchen.  I did get to mark off one thing.  The rest will still be there as reminders. 

Reminders that sometimes God just wants us to take the break He gives us and really !!!! rest.  And if we won't do it on our own --- He can (and will) step in and make sure it happens.

I DID get rest this week --- and I guess God knew that was way more important than getting through my list.

Today we celebrate my Mom's 80th birthday!  Doesn't seem possible as she looks 20 years younger and although no matter how old we are - our Moms are always "old" -- the example in life that my mother has set is priceless.  Her servant heart, her love of people and always wanting to help -- and being there to actually help is what I strive to do.  Even now -- she still volunteers nearly every morning of the week to help others!

So Mom --- HAPPY BIRTHDAY --- and don't be upset because you're 80 --- be thrilled!  It's a day to celebrate!

Note to self; "to do" lists will always be there and rest IS a good thing!

Until next time it's back to my bus kids in the morning and I will be posting "10 days of behaving our way to success".                                                                Susan and Monty

1 comment:

Treasures from a shoebox said...

Hope you're feeling all better Susan! Clove essential oil applied over the neck glands and on the thyroid (the hollow area where your neck and chest meet) will stop or shorten the duration of upper respiratory issues.

Happy, HAPPY birthday to Grandma Dee, whom we all love so much! If "age is just a number", she is living proof!