Tuesday, January 10, 2012

God's "due date"

Bible study this morning brought some things to mind.  Indulge me while I share them with you.

We set our course by the words out of our mouth and although you can't "hear" me, you can hear me!  I need to re-set my course!

Ezekiel 22:30 (NIV) says, "I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none."

This scripture brought a flooding of thoughts . . .

Back in March of 2007 we built Ms Faye's house -- stick built, fully finished, furnished and landscaped in 5 days!!!!!  You can go back in the archives of this blog and read if you aren't familiar with this story or haven't seen the video.

At that time we had been told by everyone, even our piers, that this could not be done!  Even the guys on the TV show take 7 days!  But God had spoken to me, very clearly, and I knew in my "knower" that this could - and would - be done!  That knowing kept me going through all the obstacles, through all the words of the unbelievers, through it all, to the end - and even then through the obstacles that popped up on the day of the reveal and house blessing.

Moving forward . . . early last summer when the tornadoes struck Alabama and we gathered relief supplies and made 2 trips to deliver them to the people in need.  On our 2nd trip back home once again God spoke to me - loud and clear - IGO Disaster Relief was to be "the" organization through which the Assembly of God churches could "funnel" their volunteers and funds in the event of a disaster.

In disaster relief the Catholics have Catholic Charities, the Lutherans have Lutheran Disaster Relief, the Presbyterians have Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, the Baptists have their Disaster Relief, even Billy Graham has Operation Blessing and his son Franklin has Samaritan's Purse.  Everyone works together, everyone sits at the same table with the same goal of helping the people and the only way you can tell who is from where is by their tshirts! 

But no one is there to represent the Assemblies of God churches, one of the largest denominations in the country!  Yes, Convoy of Hope is mainly supported by the AG churches but as for having a long term disaster relief organization . . .

We have been told that there is one in the pipeline but nothing yet.

As we were driving and talking about all we had seen and experienced God made all of this very clear to me and told me that WE were to stand in that place! 

When we got home I made some contacts and the response was always the same, "a woman trying to make it in the Assemblies churches is a tough road", "you aren't "Assemblies" missionaries so therefore . . ." "it's just not possible". . .  on and on and on ---everything against what God has just told me to do!  Every avenue I tried only led me into a brick wall.  And I admit here and now that I let that stop me - stop what God had told me to do! 

It took this morning and that scripture to rattle my brain once again and stir my heart! 

Do I know how it is to all go together?  No.  Do I have a big master plan all ready to put into place?  No.  Do I have any support at all?  No!

But God . . .

What I do know is that I need to start moving forward with what I was told to do.  Before we know it we will be into the tornado season with hurricane season right on it's heels. 

Assemblies of God churches need to know IGO Disaster Relief is here -- ready and waiting to put their volunteers to work, to accept their funding and to guide and educate them with both!

I have learned over the years that God's plan might not be the "logical" way but it is unique to me- to each one of us.  All we have to do is look at the Bible --- would you think it was logical to take mud and spit and mix them together to bring sight to a blind man?  The Bible is packed full of the truths of God and His promises! 

So . . . this morning lit the spark in my heart and got my mind to thinking once again -- thinking on the right track.

I would ask for prayer about all of this --- God has the plan and all we need to do is listen to His direction and then act!

Thank you!

Until next time . . . feed the vision God has given you!  Feed it with His Word!      Susan and Monty

No comments: