Saturday, October 02, 2010

Lessons Learned

The past few days have been some lessons learned for me. Some great, others not so great.

One, spending time with my mom has been alot of fun. We went to an auction sale (her territory for sure) and had so much fun. She even spent the night with us! Pajama party!!!

Two, spending time with my kids is priceless! Catching up on things (being gone for extended periods of time makes life tough) and whether it's painting with them or just being a part of their lives it's all such a blessing.

Three, spending time with grandchildren and seeing the smiles on their faces when Grandma comes to see them is -- angelic! We watched our grandson (age 5) play baseball, played with both of them in their back yard with swings and slides, read books and watched them grow right before our eyes -- it's truly a God thing! I even get to participate in Grandparents Day at preschool this coming week!!!

Four, having a tooth pulled that is already broken in two places and having it break apart while being pulled is NO fun! That happened two days ago and today I feel like I've been hit in the side of the face with a baseball bat! I know time will heal it but it still just plain sucks!

Five, seeing the leaves falling with the rains today is something we haven't seen in years! I admit I like the sunshine alot more but with the drought so severe that burn bans have been in effect and farmers fields have gone up in fire -- the rain is a good thing -- a cleansing thing!

So it's been a busy week of learning life lessons and having the moral be --- the good always outweighs the bad!!! God is always good!!!

Until next time . . . be blessed in all of your life lessons! Susan and Monty

No comments: