Friday, October 08, 2010

Grandparent's Day!

For the first time --- I got to experience Grandparent's Day with my 5 year old grandson at his preschool! Awesome!

I got to have the afternoon "shift" and his other grandmother took the morning. When I got there they were finishing recess and in we headed for some play time. We spent all our time at the legos where our imaginations ran wild and he wished for more legos at home! Suggested we make a trip to Target after school!!! :)

After playtime it was snack time with cookies, cheese and crackers --- all a huge hit!

Then it was time to head to music where we all participated in good ole Farmer in the Dell where I got to play the rat --- headband with ears and all! What a hoot!

Then we had a special treat watching the High Flyers Trapeze artists practice. They were all quite interested -- for the first 10 minutes and then their attention span had stretched back to the playground. The teacher agreed that was a better place for them to be and off we were.

By the end of that it was time to go in and pick up back packs and head home. I offered the choice of a donut or ice cream and he choose the carmel milkshake at Dairy Queen!

He had been so excited during the entire day -- today was the day he would get to ride in a truck for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it was a Ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Even better --- of course we have no idea why it was better!!

He laughed at how bumpy it was and as we pulled into his subdivision I allowed him to ride in the bed of the truck! He was screaming with delight down the entire trip and his dad said he heard him coming down the street about 5 houses away!

What a day --- what a blessing for me as I have missed out on the other 3 over the past 3 years! And I even got to meet my daughter and granddaughter for lunch before going to school! It just doesn't get much better than that!

I am so thankful that God still has us here -- rebuilding relationships with family! After all -- isn't that what God is all about --- relationships!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And tonight we get to have dinner with my other daughter and her boyfriend!!!!! Thank you Lord!!!

Until next time . . . do something special with your family this weekend! Susan and Monty

No comments: