Sunday, December 28, 2008

Holidays and illness

Yes, remember that I told you Monty came down with the flu the day before I left for Indiana -- and I came down with it the day after Christmas! Right now I am fighting to get well enough to get back on the plane tomorrow evening and head back south.
He is doing better and preparing for our incoming team tonight. He will be keeping them there at camp tomorrow and working wonders both inside the warehouse and developing a new kitchen pantry for both Mercy Response and the church.
I was fortunate enough to be able to attend our home church on Christmas Eve and have a wonderful Christmas Day with family. We ended up spending the entire day together, playing games and opening gifts.
The following day we met my Aunt and cousin who was in from New York, had lunch and it was a short time after that I felt my world spinning and things went very downhill from there causing me to spend the rest of that day and all of yesterday in bed. I missed have Christmas with my daughter, son in law and 2 grandchildren but the last thing I wanted to do was "share" this with them.
My son and other daughter will be coming here to my parents tomorrow where we will exchange gifts and they will take my to the airport on their way home (he lives in Indianapolis)
I was able to make it to Columbus First Assembly for church this morning and see family that we spent our entire summer with. They have come a long way with their rebuilding and yet have quite a ways to go in some areas. One step at a time.
We pray all of you had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to what God has in store for the upcoming year.
Until next time . . . thank you for your prayers and please keep them coming!
Be blessed. Susan and Monty

No comments: