Wednesday, July 13, 2011

29 years ago today






















Has it really been 29 years? Where did they all go?


Yes, today is my youngest's 29th birthday! This photo was taken at her first fitness competition where she placed in the top 5. Her 2nd competition also had her in the top 5. In 10 days she will be competing in her 3rd competition with the personal goal of placing in the top 3. When she puts her mind to something she is the most dedicated and determined girl and has the willpower to accomplish whatever she puts her mind to!


I still can't believe it's been 29 years ago that I woke up from surgery to learn I had a little girl. My heart was overflowing with joy. And then . . . the doctors came in and said we had "a problem" and she was in trouble. Seems she was delivered over a month early and her lungs weren't fully developed. One lung collapsed early afternoon and the next one that evening. So today is a double birthday for her --- it's also her baptismal birthday! The Pastor came and cracked open a baby bottle of water in the newborn intensive care unit and baptized her mid afternoon. 72 hours later she was off the oxygen and doing well breathing on her own. She stayed in the hospital a total of 9 days and came home healthy and a survivor! The doctors "warned" me about babies that are survivors --- and I know that's where her determination comes from!


Happy Birthday Lindsay! I love you!


Until next time . . . treasure every day God allows us to live in His world. Susan and Monty

No comments: