Friday, July 27, 2012

Growing

Good afternoon to all.

I had all my hospital tests done yesterday and all went well.  Long but well.  I will hopefully find out all the results at my appointment Monday morning.  Thank you for your continued prayers!

Great news --- our team going to do the rebuilding in Maui has grown yet again!  Pastor Martie's daughter and son in law are also going to go with us --- making us a team of 9.  How awesome is that!  They also have not done anything like this before so much thanks goes out to them for being obedient to what God has called them to do.  We will be having another team meeting next week to make sure we are all on the same page with all the same info.  This couple will also be celebrating their wedding anniversary while there!  Service with celebration --- a combination guaranteed to have God smiling and the blessings on their way!

On a much different note -- went to the funeral home last evening as the father of my best friend since childhood passed away.  It was good to see Denise again and makes me sad that we don't make it a point to spend time with each other more often.  We promised to make it happen and yet know that life itself just seems to fly by and sometimes even get in the way!  She and I were neighbors growing up and were nearly inseparable.  We somehow managed to get each other through life back then! 

Beginnings and endings are all a part of life, an exciting and yet scarey part at the same time.  As I think about Maui and what God has awaiting each of us I also pray that the funds come in to make the trip complete!  Please join me in those prayers.

Until next time . . . love you Denise!                                            Susan and Monty

No comments: