Sunday, September 12, 2010

Remembering . . . Family



You might not be able to make out the printing in this -- never mind. I want you to see the photo --- this man died 9 years ago in the towers in New York. Can you believe it's been that long? No doubt you can remember exactly where you were and what you were doing when you heard the terrible news!

After the attack one of the ways that funds were earned for the families was the selling of bracelets with the name of a victim on it. I bought one and will have it for as long as I live. After an extended period of time the names were listed online and with some research I located his family. I wrote a letter to that family -- had no other information than his name. To my shock and awe I received a letter of response from his wife! He was the father of 3 boys and worked in one of the financial offices where every single employee died! She also included the pamphlet from his funeral service, complete with his photo! Over the years this has been priceless to me. She thanked me for honoring him by wearing the bracelet with his name on it. HE is the one who deserves to be honored! I hope everyone took a moment to reflect, to remember and to pray! James DeBlase -- I never met you but I have loved you!

We spent yesterday evening with my parents and had a blast at the last summer park concert in Columbus. We somehow managed to miss every one here at home but made theirs! The most fun was just spending time with my parents and atleast one brother!

The night before we spent the evening with friends who are interested in going into missions. They have been thinking about doing so for a long time and just recently he lost his job so . . God has closed one door but opened another! I also found out what it's like to be bitten by a very large wolf spider at their home! Nailed me on the leg, left some pretty nasty teeth marks and a surrounding bruise! Think satan had something to do with that? No doubt!

And now to today --- for the first time in 5 years we were able to go to our home church picnic! It was awesome! Our neighbor, Shelley, who has been going to church with us made sure she had today off work and Monty's mother came bringing some of the best cake I've ever seen. We all had a blast visiting with so many folks and eating way too much good food! The weather was picture perfect and it felt so good to be home!

We hope all of you are enjoying your families --- remember that God divinely chose each of our families and although we all have our "issues" -- families are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until next time . . . be blessed and bless someone else. Susan and Monty

No comments: