Friday, December 28, 2007

Prayer of thanks



This is where my dear sweet husband spent his time after our Christmas with our kids and family -- in our kitchen cleaning!

I had spent a couple of days in preparation and cooking and decorating. After the meal that evening he went into the kitchen and when he came out it was spotless!! There wasn't a plate that needed washed, a glass that needed rinsed or a baking dish that needed scrubbed. The entire place was clean and all food left over had been neatly stored away! What a blessing!!!

Feeling that thankfulness toward him reminded me of a prayer that I received and I want to share it with all of you, especially since we are heading into a brand New Year, all awaiting to see what God has in store for us.

MY FATHER IN HEAVEN

I will bear Your light to change the world.

I am the light of the world, because the Light of the World dwells in me.

Your Kingdom will come; Your will WILL be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

No one will meet me and not be changed, because no one can meet You and not be changed.

I will become increasingly aware of the Light that I carry.

I will grow in You and grow in this Light.

I will become a change agent in this world.

I will believe the unbelievable; what is not yet I will become.

I will come to understand where I am in You, and I will see my future more clearly that ever before.

The gifts You have given me will begin to flourish as I understand Your ways.

Nothing will prosper that comes against me, because I will live a repentant life before You; because I live a repentant life, You will answer my prayer.

I will become what You have called me to become.

I have been placed here for such a time as this.

I live where I live because You place me here.

I am not here by accident; I am here by divine appointment.

My neighbors will prosper because of You in me.

Those I touch will prosper because of You in me.

Everyone I pray for will be touched, because You flow through me; it makes no difference if others recognize the touch or not -- You will touch them.

You will touch others more at some times than at other times; I will not judge my relationship with You based on what they feel.

I relate to You because of who You are in me, not because of others, not because of my emotions, not because I feel saved, not because I've ascended to greatness through my intellect --- but because of what You have done in me.

I am procreated, regenterated and born anew.

Your seed has entered me.

My spirit is alive and quickened.

I will become a quickened to You, fine-tuned to Your Spirit, not doing what You're not doing and doing what You are doing.

I will become a witness for You.

With Your help, when people see me, they will see You.

Soon, there will be a clear distinction between those who don't know God and me, because I know You.

People will see me and they will know that I am a follower of Jesus and a bearer of His Light.

For Your glory this will happen, taking the foolish things to confound the wise.

Thank You for finding me and choosing me to be a change agent on this earth for Your glory.

In Jesus' name. Amen

I hope this touches you like it touched me and you will pray it on a regular basis.

Blessings and love. . . Susan and Monty

No comments: