Thursday, December 13, 2007

Double "whammy"

Just the other day I received a poem in one of my morning devotions entitled "My First Christmas In Heaven" and forwarded it on to one of our friends who lost their father/grandfather this past summer and to Ms Faye. Little did I realize I would need the poem for myself also.

This morning I received a phone call from my mother telling me that my grandmother's sister had passed away suddenly. She and my grandmother were close and talked with each other on the phone daily. My grandmother is having a very difficult time. She is nearing 95 years old. We are awaiting funeral arrangements.

Early this evening I received an email from Pastor Rick in Gautier, Mississippi informing us that the former secretary passed away yesterday afternoon, also suddenly. Ms Mia was the one who told us how much Mike and Faye needed help. She was the kind of woman who always had a smile on her face, always knew how to bring a smile to your own face and who also was known for shouting "praise Jesus" when she heard any good news!

Both of these deaths were very unexpected and very sudden. Both of these women will be remembered for so many things. Both will be missed by so many people who loved them. Both of these women had no idea they would be celebrating their very first Christmas with Jesus Christ Himself this year.

I'm sure they both already had gifts purchased, were already planning the holidays, thinking of the family and friends they would be seeing. And just at the "right" time our Lord stepped in and said they would be spending Christmas, and eternity, with Him. They are now reunited with family and friends and prophets and priests and kings and disciples and angels and will be praising God forever!

We will all miss them. We will all grieve our losses. We will shed tears. We will attend funerals. We will remember many stories. BUT --- we will rejoice in the fact that they are the truly blessed ones this Christmas!

Let us all not only count our blessings, let us remember that we "know not the day nor the hour" when our Father will call us home!

Bernadine and Ms Mia, we loved you then and love you now! Say hello to Jesus for us!

Until next time . . . Susan and Monty

No comments: