Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Photos from home visit





Thought you might like to see some photos from our trip home. The first one is me with my youngest daughter. I know --- we don't look alike at all! Amazing how our children grow up isn't it!

The top right is the home I grew up in, the home my grandparents also grew up in and where my parents still live. The home was built in 1868 and has been the family farm forever!

The bottom right is what we went home to! The bald faced hornets built quite the home on the side of our house! It took Monty about 3 days to kill them all and we figure there were around 500 hornets living inside!

The bottom right is a photo of our 5 generations; my grandmother, my mother, myself, my daughter and her son. It's these photos that we cherish! I plan on printing one out for my grandmother. She will be able to hang it in her room in the nursing home. Her health is awesome except for a couple of knees that will no longer work! She is 94 years old!

Just a taste of my family to share with all of you.

Today we spent the day packing and getting things ready for our move. It's all ready except for pulling the camper trailer off site, airing up tires and hitching up.

Yes, we are moving! God has called us into another dimension of disaster relief. I will try and describe it as much as possible. God has a way of calling, waiting for our obedience and then giving us just a bit of detail at a time.

At this time we are being called home to take this disaster relief to another level. We have felt this calling for quite some time. We will be operating from home and building a ministry to respond as first responders to ANY and ALL disasters in the United States. Yes, we will be building as we go and it will be an incredible journey!

We plan to start by visiting as many churches and teams as possible. It is our goal to share the calling God has placed on our lives with you. So many of you know the needs that come with a disaster because you yourselves answered the calling God placed on your life and came to the coast to help out since Katrina. Christians everywhere realized that it isn't just up to the government to take care of others. We all realized that it is up to US, you and me, to respond. We also realized the blessing we can be and the blessings that are returned back to us.

Well -- guess what! Every single time there is a disaster (storm, tornado, flood, etc) there are people who need help. People who have lost everything, people who at their lowest and are open like never before to seeing Jesus in each of us who come to help.

Monty and I will be working on this calling and mission and would appreciate your prayers.

If any of you would like to hear more about this mission just let us know. We would be happy to talk with you or come to your church or organization and speak. You can post a comment at the end of the blog. Feel free to leave contact information as it will not be published for everyone else to see.

It's going to be exciting, it's going to be amazing, it's going to be God in action!

Until tomorrow . . . Susan and Monty

No comments: