Tuesday, September 11, 2007

God does it again

Remember thinking, "I wonder how I will know I found the right person?"

How about "it would be great to marry my best friend."

And then we had our parents telling us "make sure you really know the person first!"

We dreamed of finding just that "right" person, the one who really was our best friend, the one we thought knew us better than we knew ourselves, the one we knew God had placed right there in front of our faces.

Well, this relief effort has done all of those for two VERY special people here. I only wish I was using my computer and could show you a photo of them. If you look back through the past months you will see them.

Mark (from Minnesota) and Jessica (Joel's daughter) are just those two people. They both felt God called them here for this past summer and they followed that call. What they didn't realize was that God had THE ultimate plan for the both of them.

Those of us who have been here with them all summer could see "things" that I don't think they even saw. They were (and are) the best of friends. They have laughed together, shed a few tears together, worked right along side each other in circumstances that only the people who have come here to volunteer could understand and in all that they grew to love each other.

And come January they will be married! It might be a first among volunteers!

We send our love to the both of them and will be the ones with the very large smiles, mixed with tears of joy, come January! We pray God's blessings on the both of you now and for the rest of your lives!

Isn't God amazing! His perfect timing once again!

Be sure and stay tuned for tomorrow when I will let you know more details on the plan God has laid out for Monty and I.

Until then . . . Susan and Monty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess and Mark... I am so very thrilled for you both. God truly sent the perfect person for each of you! I wish I was there to give you both huge hugs!!!! Continued prayers for you both. Remember to invite me to the blessed event! Love you both!
Diane

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mark and Jess!

Kim from Clearfield, PA