Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Heart Wrenching

Let me begin by saying that if you are easily offended --- you may not want to read this!

If any of you remember last year -- the bus route I had was the one nobody wanted!  Literally!  I found out that it hadn't had a steady driver for years!   The reason?  The behavior of the kids.  If you don't remember any of this you can go back in the blog archives and read starting January of this year.

This school year, when it was time to select our routes and I knew I couldn't get my one from last year due to all the changed made in the transportation office, I was shocked when I got such a good route and was the second to last to select.  (seniority)

Yesterday someone (2 other drivers actually) told me why my route was still available.  The kids!  And not for behavior reasons.  "They smell" was the comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I was shocked and sickened at the thought!  Another driver commented "I hate those foreign kids!"

Like I said, if this makes you burn with anger --- well --- it did the same with me!

Here we are in what's referred to as the melting pot of America -- due to the diversity of the university -- which does its best to recruit the "foreign" students!

And these are bus drivers --- been driving for quite some time!!!!

The one finally asked me outright, "they smell, don't they?"   YES!!!!  They smell good!  What do you expect?

We like to think and profess that we are open minded, we aren't prejudice, we welcome everyone, we are Americans, blah, blah, blah ---- hooey!!!!! 

And once again God has shown me He was the One who gave me this route, these kids, their parents and even the local police department!  He selected it just for me and He doesn't make mistakes or errors or judgments!

And aren't we ALL glad He doesn't!

So, just like last year --- I will drive this route with Jesus right beside me, behind me and all around me!  He is the author of my life and I am very glad He is!!!

Just sayin' . . .

Until next time . . . are you truly "open minded"???                                         Susan 

1 comment:

Dave said...

Looks like some people aren't going to like what God has in store...

"After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”" Rev. 7:9-10 (NIV)