Saturday, October 26, 2013

Friendships

Friend is a word we all use -- a lot.

But I've been thinking about the span of friends I personally have and have had over the years.  There are more than I can even number.  Each one has blessed my life in specific ways and I have grown because of them.  There are those who have come and gone -- for many different reasons.

And then there are those who are the "constant" ones, there over the years, through thick and thin.  There aren't very many of these.

New friends are fun.  Getting to know each other, working past the newness and getting into the reality of who you are.  I have a few of these and treasure the adventures.

As the years continue moving forward I anxiously anticipate the friends that I haven't even met yet and the situations that will bring us together.  God directs each one with a purpose, a lesson to be learned.

BFF = best friends forever!  There is one special person who is my best friend, the one who is there for me when I'm a bit less than perky, the one who encourages me, the one who believes in me way more than I believe in myself, the one that I treasure more than words can say ---- my husband, Monty!

Throughout our 15 years we've been through more than most couples go through in 50 years.  But the key?  We've gotten through it!  "We" have been a cord of 3;  Monty, myself and God.  Without God we never would have met.  Without Him we never would have married.  Without Him we never would have made it through the tough times, the nearly impossible times.  Without Him . . .

I never want to live my life without Him -- or Monty!

Friends!  Best friends!  God's special gifts we tend to take for granted!  Today I just wanted to take a few minutes and hopefully jog your memories and feelings and hopefully help you realize the friends in your lives!   Let them know how special they are -- and thank God for each of them!

Until next time . . . Blessings,   Susan

No comments: