Saturday, May 05, 2007

He's home



Thought it might help to have a face to the name. Yes, Pastor Rick was dismissed from the hospital today. Thank you for your prayers and I would ask that you continue to pray for renewed strength and healing.

Even though the calendar says it's only the first of May the temperatures have already started rising. The humidity also came along with the heat today thus making it quite sticky. I guess I just spent too many years in Indiana and got used to "seasons" that are much different than here! :)

We got a little bit better start on our moving today. Monty is working away at getting tools arranged in the tool trailer in such a way that they can travel. I spent some time going through things in the camper trailer. Most of what is there can stay right where it is and can travel fine. My work will mostly come when we "land" at our new space.

In one of my devotions for today God really spoke to me (again) about New Orleans. "God is not seeking the most qualified or talented; rather He is seeking hearts that are surrendered to Him. He is seeking those who are available, dependable and willing to be used. In those lives, God will show himself strong and He will be glorified."

"Are you available?"

So many of you have made yourselves available and as I sit and reflect on all that has been accomplished because you made yourselves available it renews my strength and spirit as we head west. THANK YOU!

"Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way! Thou are the Potter, I am the clay; Mold me and make me after Thy will, While I am waiting, yielded and still."

Tomorrow is our last time at The Refuge for Sunday service. It will be very difficult to say goodbye to so many friends who have become family. But . . . God has new plans, new family and new blessings.

As you attend your church tomorrow please pray for us and at the same time thank God for all He has done here in Mississippi!

Until then . . . Susan and Monty

No comments: